The DiscovEARy Zone
Come enter the Zone - The DiscovEARy Zone (DZ)
- Be a part of the movement to prevent noise-induced hearing loss!
- Learn how you can incorporate hearing loss prevention into your practice with activities, testing, and promoting the message using posters and handouts.
- Come talk to experts in the area of hearing loss prevention in an informal question-and-answer forum. Experts will be on hand at various times during AN! to chat. Stop in to see the times or sign up to receive tweets announcing the Who and When.
- How loud do YOU listen to your personal music player? Measure your ear bud levels using Tim Panic or Kali Bration. See if you are a Safe Listener!
- See the display of hearing protection devices (HPDs) available (compliments of Honeywell and 3M). Touch and feel and experiment with a variety of HPDs.
- Get fit tested to see if YOU are using properly fitted earplugs (compliments of Honeywell). See how quickly this can be done and find out if you can make earplug fit testing a part of your practice.
- Listen to sound files demonstrating the effects of noise on hearing (compliments of Dr. Brian Fligor). These will be available for download following AudiologyNOW!
- Allow your inner child to come out. Come play the fun and interactive games available for the iPad.
Sign up to receive tweets during AN! announcing the Ask the Experts events, times for hands-on fit testing, and to stop by for fun giveaways.
Hours during AudiologyNOW! 2015: